While some places live to continue their story, other’s stories have unfortunate endings.
The La Salle Theatre in Collinwood, Ohio was built in 1927 and first opened as a movie palace. For years the theatre remained a popular local spot, until a decline in the 1980s.
B.F. Goodrich was founded in 1870 by Benjamin Franklin Goodrich. Pieces of the abandoned plant are being salvaged, brought to life within a new space.
The old coast guard station on Whiskey Island was built between 1938 – 1940. The building is situated at the end of a 1,000-foot-long pier jutting out into Lake Erie. At the time of its construction, there were plans to build more stations in different areas along Lake Erie. However, when World War II started, resources were shifted, and no
In 1918, the company was on a steady rise to the top, and began construction of worker homes in Youngstown/Campbell, Ohio. The homes were built between 1918-1920, and became historically important as the first pre-fab concrete estate in the world.